Monday, August 29, 2011

Tribute to a Great Man

The entire Mendocino Coastal Community is shocked and saddened today by the news of the untimely death of Fort Bragg City Councilman, Jere Melo. We are all devastated by the news that Jere was murdered Saturday. I have only been a resident of Fort Bragg and the Coast for 5 years, but during that time I developed a great respect and admiration for Jere Melo. I have known him as a tireless public servant, who has had nothing but the betterment of our area as is top priority. My fondest memory of Jere will always be related to the Annual World's Largest Salmon BBQ in Fort Bragg. I was honored the first year that Jere invited me to participate as a BBQ Cook. I found Jere to be a very nurturing and enjoyable person to work with as he stayed by my side the entire day. I have volunteered 3 times now. And Jere has always been at my side. I cannot imagine a Fort Bragg Salmon BBQ without him! God Bless You Jere Melo. You were an Angel on Earth and I have no doubt that you are now an Angel in Heaven looking down upon you beloved Fort Bragg.